Karina is an international competitive athlete who began her personal fitness journey in her native country of Ecuador over 20 years ago. She was a professional basketball player and a 12-time National Champion Powerlifter. She has worked as a Certified Fitness Trainer in Greenville since 2010 and has served hundreds of clients.
She also loves working with people of all walks of life including pregnant and new moms, seniors, teens, cancer and cardiac patients, individuals with spinal issues, joint replacement, other metabolic diseases and more. Karina specializes in strength training and conditioning, functional movement/training, weight loss and athletic performance.
Karina has a desire to help and support anyone who is looking to make health and fitness a priority, as she truly believes that is the best investment you can ever make in yourself.
“If you are looking to improve yourself, I would be honored and humbled at the opportunity to help you in your journey.”
- Certified Personal Trainer GVT (Greenville Tech)
- Certified Personal Trainer ACSM (American College of Sport Medicine)
- Senior Fitness Instructor ASFA (American Sports and Fitness Association)
- TRX Instructor
- IHPU Functional Training Jr. Instructor (Institute of Human Performance)
- Powerlifting Instructor Falpo, Alpofi, Feficulp, Fesupo Affiliate IPF (Argentina, Ecuador, Federation South American Powerlifting)
- Master Weightlifting Instructor USSR – EDFPU Affiliate IPF (Russia)
- Weight Training Instructor with Major in Powerlifting Techniques – RDFPF, Affiliate WDFPF (Russia)
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certified
PERSONAL ATHLETIC HISTORY
- National Champion in Powerlifting, 60 kilos weight class 1991 – 1996
- National Champion in Powerlifting, 67.5 kilos weight class 1997 – 2003
- The Strongest Woman of Ecuador, 1993 – 2003
- Miss Bikini, 1996
- Bench Press Championship, National Record 1996 – 2003
- Deadlifting Championship, National Record 1992 – 2003
- Best Athlete of the Year, 1993 – 1996 – 1998
- Fitness Model since 2001